Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You're not official until you crash into a rock.

Boulder, CO. Our view from the top of the mountain - totally worth the work to get there!
Meghan, Amanda, Steve...half way to the top.

Beautiful State.


Me and Amanda at Big Texas, where I learned how to two step. haha.



Proof (I was dragged onto the dance floor and hesitant at first). And, just for the record, it is ridiculously hard to learn how to dance in flip flops!




Amanda and I spent the weekend with Meghan and Steve Sloan. They took us to Ft. Collins on Saturday for a brewery tour and a house warming party. Odell's brewery was a lot of fun, the guy giving the tour was a returned peace corps volunteer. He randomly mentioned it during the start of the tour so we all talked afterward. Sunday we went hiking in Boulder, then toured CU's campus and got to see where Meghan and Steve got married. Boulder is really pretty - I totally understand the appeal now. We got nachos and played games. Later we got sushi and played more games. My knee was killing me and I later found out I pulled a muscle while hiking. Monday we went mountain biking. I had the best wipe out EVER. Over a tree root into a rock. The front tire left an awesome battle wound up my left shin and my right knee smashed into a rock. It is still bleeding, two days later. haha. It was the best work out I have ever had! It is so beautiful out here. We got burritos and hung out for the rest of the day.
We are moving out to Telluride on Tuesday. I am SO excited. I ordered new skis last night - they are gorgeous and SO CHEAP. Holler at a player when you see her in the streets, that's all I have to say. I have been limping around and periodically cleaning out my knee. It is so gross! haha. I can't wait to go mountain biking again.
hmmm, I guess that is it for now. I made some awesome cinnamon muffins last night. We have been cooking A LOT. Oh and I heard from Peace Corps...I leave for Panama in April to do Tourism and English Development. I am very, VERY excited about that, to say the least. Things are falling back into place, for now.
Ok, Peace Out.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay...
# 1: Amanda is wearing my shirt in one of those pictures, the one that i let her borrow when she was here, the one that i told her to give back to me....at least i think she is....

# 2: The picture of you on the dance floor! hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha...thats all i have to say, you have that awkward stance that you always have when your doing something your not comfortable with. haha thats a great picture, once in a lifetime sight, unless you ever get married.....NOT!

LOVE YA!
-Tim

Unknown said...

HI GRETCHEN! I'm afraid you're gonna fall in love with CO and never leave. Figures!