Wednesday, October 29, 2008

You want me to balance my shins on my triceps?!

Yoga. That's right, I am actually giving it a shot. Everyday this week we have gone. And this is nothing like Yoga for the People on St. Marks in NYC. Amanda and I have been going to a little studio about 5 minutes away from her grandparents' home. The instructors are awesome and have actually been teaching us a lot. I still prefer weights and a good run as exercise! I will say that is it relaxing. It is a fun, new challenge (if you know me, you are aware that I am not the most flexible person in the world. haha).
We are waiting to see when we can move out to Telluride. Unfortunately, Amanda's grandfather is a bit ill and needs some help recovering. He is a little better each day, I am thankful for that. A truly hilarious man, let me tell you. He reminds me so much of my Poppop. It makes me miss him so much. I keep sneaking into the country club's gym. Eventhough the treadmill is ruining my legs, I feel like yoga is helping. haha.
Okay, exciting things happened today! We went looking for ski stuff since all of our winter things in the Republic of Georgia are being put on a cargo ship...eventually. There was this little store in Old Colorado City we happened to drive by today. Naturally, we stopped in...AND there were awesome snow jackets from last year on sale! We got $200 ski jackets for $30. I am pretty freakin' pumped about that. I am going to wait to get to the mountian for the ski swap. I want a new pair but am not going to splurg on anything this year.
We are going to visit Amanda's Aunt Stacy at her school on Friday and then we are going to Stacy's son, Colton's football game. It is Halloween so I want to bake something for Stacy's class or at least buy then some candy! haha. They aren't mine so I can enable the mass intake of sugar on one of my favorite days of the year! It makes me sad to think that I will be missing Halloween in New York. For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of experiencing it - Stop Wasting Precious Time People!!

That's all for now. Ciao.

No comments: